Our contest was a great success with a very large number of entrants, and choosing the final 2 winners was a lengthy process - there were many good submissions.
On an interesting note, almost all of the entrants were women, and Mr.Mom was nearly on every list. Many people also mentioned how "hot" Keaton is and how they have a crush on him :)
Here are the chosen winners' responses:
The following are my favorite Michael Keaton Movies and the reason why I picked them over his other movies.
1. Clean and Sober. This movie is a personal favorite, I remember daily the scene in which he is talking to his AA group, he tells how his life has fallen apart and then he hold up a small piece of plastic called a "chip" and he says, "Everything is just about ruined in my life but I have this chip", and he holds it up. Having had problems with substances myself his preformance in this movie is close to my heart and an inspiration to me.
2. Mr.Mom: This movie in which Mr. Keaton plays an unemployed dad who cares for the house and children while his wife goes back to work and whose career soars as his hits bottom. He showed many people the reality, although extremely humerous, about a man trying to do with great difficulty what many women do with ease. In time he comes to enjoy the children more, but, is still very ready to return to work. This is a tiny glimpse of the way life is for many families today.
3. Beetlejuice: I do not generally like light hearted, funny movies but this one has to be one of my all time favorites. Johnny Depp is great along with Mr. Keaton. When you are truly ready for a movie that doesn't require deep thought, but, will give a good laugh then this one is for you also.
1) Beetle Juice - For anyone who doesn't like this movie all I have to say is Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse . . . As the impatient, destructive, otherworldly, and disgusting character Keaton shows his best acting skills. This part was made for him.
2) Mr. Mom - This is the performance that put Keaton on the map. He becomes a hapless housewife after his wife gets a big job. I will never forget him trying to win against the vaccuum and the oversudsy washing machine. He finally takes a fall against his wife's boss in their competition, completely signifying that he has become a housewife instead of a man.
3) Batman - The "original" batman of the movie series before it became Val Kilmer'd, and George Clooney'd. Arguably the best of the 3 as his dark persona shone through, without the need for Jim Carrey or Arnold "the gubernator" Schwartzenegger to pick up the "acting" abilities of the movie.
View Official Site
Movie Vault and Univeral Pictures are once again proud to host yet another great prize giveaway!
Synopsis:MICHAEL KEATON plays a successful architect Jonathan Rivers, whose peaceful existence is shattered by the unexplained disappearance and death of his wife, Anna (CHANDRA WEST). Jonathan is eventually contacted by a man (IAN MCNIECE), who claims to be receiving messages from Anna through EVP, the process through which the dead communicate with the living through household recording devices. These extraordinary recordings, captured by people all over the world, seem to confirm what many of us have dared to believe: it is possible for the dead to communicate with us. At first skeptical, Jonathan then becomes convinced of the messages' validity, and is soon obsessed with trying to contact her on his own. His further explorations into EVP and the accompanying supernatural messages unwittingly open a door to another world, allowing something uninvited into his life.
White Noise Quicktime Trailer:
Prizes:We are proud to host this giveaway, and are giving away two packages each containing the following items:
- White Noise t-shirt
- White Noise hat
- White Noise poster
How to enter:To enter the contest all you have to do is name your top 3 favourite Michael Keaton films and explain why you enjoy them, and e-mail that response to email@example.com. The best two reasoned responses will be the chosen winners.
Be sure to provide your full address so we can send you your prize if you are a winner!