I read somewhere that someone said this movie was the best of the Predator series to date. I don’t know what movie they watched. I didn’t like it at all. The most exciting part of the movie for me was seeing Oleg Taktarov (from the old UFCs) in the movie. I wanted to like it. It is a great example of how someone can attempt to artificially take all the elements of the successful predecessor and still come out with little over a C rate movie. For me it was just all wrong. Here…I’ll list what I thought was wrong with the film.
1. The motley of dangerous people was cheesy.
2. They weren’t freaked out enough in the beginning and came together too coherently.
3. Aside from the line “your ass is awesome” the rest of the dialogue was B rate.
4. The dog creatures must have absolutely no survival instinct.
5. They didn’t freak out enough when they realized they were on a different planet.
6. Morpheus helps them and then …SPOILER. But don’t worry it’s stupid.
7. The guy from the Piano sets off after the alien ship. Even the characters in the movie pointed out the stupidity in that, and it just rubbed me as far too casual for the situation.
8. And finally (for no apparent reason) EVIL ERIC FOREMAN emerges. This was the topper. Even the most psycho of psychos wouldn’t have ….AAhhhh (shakes head) it was just stupid. I’m sorry…just stupid.