Go Back   Movie Vault Forums > Movie Discussion > Currently Playing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010
Producer

Red State

Kevin Smith's new horror movie thats inspired by Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist "Church" (i consider them an evil fundamentalist cult...)

might be interesting
Red State (2011) - IMDb
"The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent, but if we can come to terms with the indifference, then our existence as a species can have genuine meaning. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light."-Stanley Kubrick
Old 12-08-2010
A-List Celebrity

Any sentence that starts with: "Kevin Smith's new movie..." strikes fear into the depths of my soul. So yeah, it might be good....

But probably not.
Old 12-08-2010
Investor

Kevin Smith - horror film? Would that even work?
Old 12-08-2010
Super Moderator

Kevin Smith one of the most overrated directors ever, but that's comedy. So I will see what he can do with a Horror film, will be very interesting to see, and Neil Gaiman says it's wonderful after seeing it.

The teaser trailer will be released on Christmas day apparently. If you look around you can hear teasers that are audio clips from the film.
Old 12-08-2010
Super Moderator

Kevin Smith - Horror movie??? I've liked many of his movies, but his past two not so much. This new one can't be worse than Cop Out.
Old 12-08-2010
Producer

I just like the premise. I'm kinda prejudiced when it comes to religion...not a big fan of organized religion
"The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent, but if we can come to terms with the indifference, then our existence as a species can have genuine meaning. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light."-Stanley Kubrick
Old 12-08-2010
Super Moderator

No problem with most religion, just the moronic fundamentalists who spoil it all, so don't mind watching a horror about them.
Old 12-08-2010
Producer

^haha yeah. have you ever watched youtube videos of those people from that cult? It makes me sick. They protested Matthew Shephards funeral, a gay college student after he was murdered...and then they started protesting military funerals...those people aren't just fundamentalists, theyre a fringe cult that makes even the fundamentalists look bad. They'd fit in with the Inquisition era...
Old 12-09-2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy51 View Post
^haha yeah. have you ever watched youtube videos of those people from that cult? It makes me sick. They protested Matthew Shephards funeral, a gay college student after he was murdered...and then they started protesting military funerals...those people aren't just fundamentalists, theyre a fringe cult that makes even the fundamentalists look bad. They'd fit in with the Inquisition era...
Those people are scum. They're not about religion, just hate. And I'm very much in agreement about organized religion. I was raised a Catholic and when I was 15 and told my mother I wasn't going to church any more, that the whole thing was ridiculous. I have not attended a mass since then.
Old 12-09-2010
Producer

I was never raised under any religion: my mom was raised as a practicing Methodist but now just considers herself a non-denominational Christian. My dad was raised Catholic but is now an agnostic. So i basically formulated my own beliefs so i consider myself a Deist now.

But i wish WBC would come near where i live just so i can make a sign with an inverted crucifix with above it saying WBC=a swastika or something lol