Go Back   Movie Vault Forums > Movie Discussion > Currently Playing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011
DevilsAngel87

Trust

So the story line of this is as follows....

A suburban family is torn apart when fourteen-year-old Annie (Liana Liberato) meets her first boyfriend online. After months of communicating via online chat and phone, Annie discovers her friend (Chris Henry Coffey) is not who he originally claimed to be. Shocked into disbelief, her parents (Clive Owen and Catherine Keener) are shattered by their daughter's actions and struggle to support her as she comes to terms with what has happened to her once innocent life.

Although I havent seen it yet, I am deeply looking forward to it, although the story line is somewhat, in a round about way SIMILAR to hard candy, im interested in seeing how David Schwimmer has directed it.

Im from a generation that has grew up around the craze of meeting up with people online, and I have high Expectations that it will teach kids today that, it does have its risks reguardless how rare these risks may be.

Has anyone seen this yet? And what are your opinions of this?

I actually rate David Schwimmer as a Director, so im hoping for this to not be a let down....

Heres hoping eh?

Thanks for your time.
Old 07-22-2011
Super Moderator

Going by the story I don't think it's similar to Hard Candy at all, very different. It's one I want to see but will be waiting for the blu-ray.

Just hope it's better than his last directed film, Run Fatboy Run... going by reviews it is a lot better.
Old 07-24-2011
Investor

Hope it's not like Hard Candy. Everyone said it was shocking, but all it was, was boring. I didn't like Run Fatboy Run either.
Old 07-25-2011
Super Moderator

Going by the trailer, it's not like Hard Candy.
Old 07-27-2011
DevilsAngel87

Ive seen it now....

Its nothing like Hard Candy. Though i like Hard Candy, Trust just blew my mind. I truely believe David Schwimmer done an amazing job with this film. Id rate it pretty high and even go as far to say it could very possibly make my top 10 films.
Old 07-27-2011
Investor

I does look really good if disturbing, covering a valid issue of are children protected enough from bad things on the internet...
Old 07-27-2011
DevilsAngel87

Its refreshing to watch, cause I think its slightly more realistic than what you would expect. And you see how it affects a families dynamics. I really thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old 08-09-2011
Super Moderator

I got this from Netflix today. It'd better be good!
Old 08-09-2011
Super Moderator

It's out on dvd here soon, so will be seeing it in a few weeks.
Old 08-14-2011
Super Moderator

Just finished watching this movie. This is not a film to watch if you are hoping to be entertained or amused. It is a public service messsage in the form of a movie and it was a chore to watch. The plot is as follows:
Spoiler
14 year old girl starts chatting on a teen chat room with Charlie who tells her he is 16..later on he is 20 and then 25. Alice has an online relationship for a couple months with him. They chat, talk on the phone, have phone sex and finally they meet at the mall. Charlie is a middle aged pervert and a predator. She has ice cream with Charlie, gets in his car, goes to a motel. And then says "No don't." when he gets on top of her. Her friend sees her with him at the mall and figures out that it was the guy she'd been chatting with. The police get involved...yada yada yada.. This movie was made for clueless parents who are not smart enough to warn their children that people on the internet are not always what they seem and should not be trusted. None of the characters in the film had common sense and that was very annoying. This should have been marketed as educational film. A big waste of time.