Go Back   Movie Vault Forums > Movie Discussion > Currently Playing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009
Movie-Vault Newbie

Perfect Getaway

For me its the best summer movie, incredible performance by Timothy Olyphant and Milla Jojovich. Incredible suspense, and its funny at the same time. really good movie u got to see this. Its Tim all the way !!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2009
Movie Extra

Can't wait to see it..I love Milla, she's great. and movie looks interesting.
Old 08-15-2009
Actor by Day, Waiter by Night

was it really that good? from what i saw it looked like another hack and slash film with a twist at the end to throw the viewers off to who the killer was. thats why i didn't see it. it looked dull. the actors are excellent but from what Ive seen movie looks boring

FAVORITE SONG AS OF THIS MOMENT: Pure Imagination by Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory)
Old 08-15-2009
Movie-Vault Newbie

ya its just like u said, but the only reason i wanted to see this movie was for Timothy ''Unbelievable'' Olyphant. He was incredible !!!!!!!!!!!! seriously !
Old 08-16-2009
Investor

Quote:
was it really that good? from what i saw it looked like another hack and slash film with a twist at the end to throw the viewers off to who the killer was. thats why i didn't see it. it looked dull. the actors are excellent but from what Ive seen movie looks boring.
This film is a survival thriller and it's far from boring and it looks good too. I enjoyed it a lot and considered it a great and entertaining movie. Btw did Milla Jovovich's character
Spoiler
get away with everything or did she get arrested?
Old 09-08-2009
Banned

Amen, brother! I saw that movie last month around the time it came out and thoroughly enjoyed it. Timothy Olyphant has an excellent performance in this compelling thriller, and it really does a nice job of keeping you into it until it reaches the climax. It's a shame A Perfect Getaway wasn't more appreciated though.
Old 09-15-2009
Studio Coffee Runner

This one was definitely underappreciated. The twist actually comes in a little more than half way in (I'd say close to 2/3 of the way in, so there's time for it to actually flesh out a little bit), and it makes the movie. Olyphant is awesome in this film as well. Fun little movie.

Here's my review of it: A Perfect Getaway | THE FILM YAP
Old 09-20-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaster24 View Post
Amen, brother! I saw that movie last month around the time it came out and thoroughly enjoyed it. Timothy Olyphant has an excellent performance in this compelling thriller, and it really does a nice job of keeping you into it until it reaches the climax. It's a shame A Perfect Getaway wasn't more appreciated though.
Spoiler
I think the only thing I disliked was when Milla went from evil to good right at the end there. How she just had a sudden change of heart and her head suddenly became not so brainwashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Film Yap View Post
This one was definitely underappreciated. The twist actually comes in a little more than half way in (I'd say close to 2/3 of the way in, so there's time for it to actually flesh out a little bit), and it makes the movie.
Spoiler
I want to ask a question but when they were checking out the new footage of the two suspects, Didn't Milla Jovovich say "Hey, that's us". I was sure she did but my friend said she didn't.
Old 09-20-2009
Banned

[quote=Escape;70440]
Spoiler
I think the only thing I disliked was when Milla went from evil to good right at the end there. How she just had a sudden change of heart and her head suddenly became not so brainwashed.

Spoiler
I think they suggested it might happen by the time you figure out Cliff was Rocky, the guy who killed the dog, and threatened to kill her once she told. She probably realized she couldn't continue living a life married to a lowlife crook, so when she told them who the killer was, she basically called him, "the guy who's been ruining her life.". That's my impression for it at least.
Old 09-20-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaster24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler
I think they suggested it might happen by the time you figure out Cliff was Rocky, the guy who killed the dog, and threatened to kill her once she told. She probably realized she couldn't continue living a life married to a lowlife crook, so when she told them who the killer was, she basically called him, "the guy who's been ruining her life.". That's my impression for it at least.
Spoiler
Yeah I agree. You can even see the pain in her face a bit there when she spoke of it. But I just guess, she had that 'zombie kill' look to her when the chick started playing with her camera that it seemed unnatural. Like no hint of questioning her motives till that moment when she was in the helicopter. I dunno. She was clearly a bit insane because of all of this so I suppose it's possible to switch it on the way she did there for awhile.

I'm still going to buy it on DVD though. I never hated it by any means.