Go Back   Movie Vault Forums > Movie Discussion > General Movie Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011
Movie Extra

Movie Locations Have You Visited/In-&-Around

Hey everyone, I didn't see a topic like this but I thought it would be cool to bring this up.

Have you ever been to any movie filming locations? If so, which ones and what have you seen that has been filmed there?

Here are mine:

Ohio State Reformatory (Mansfield, Ohio)
http://www.mrps.org/

I went here twice so far and I plan on going again. The first time I went was on the three different daytime tours. The second time was on a "ghost walk".

Filmed here that I've seen:
-The Shawshank Redemption (the outside of the prison, the warden's office, Brooks' apartment and more)
-Air Force One (Russian prison for General Ivan Radek)

Kennywood Park
(West Mifflin, Pennsylvania)
Kennywood

I went to this amusement park long ago and just had a great day.

-Adventureland (used as Adventureland for the film)

Civic Arena
(Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

I went here to see a Penguins game when I was very little, so I don't remember very much about it.

-Sudden Death (used as itself for the whole movie)
-She's Out of My League (they go see a game here)

Wild Adventures (Valdosta, Georgia)

I was born in Valdosta and visit family every couple of years and I've been here at least three times. All of the times were before this movie was made, but it's still cool.

-Zombieland (used as Pacific Playland at the end of the film)

A Christmas Story House (Cleveland, Ohio)
- A Christmas Story House - Ralphie’s House Restored to its A Christmas Story Splendor

I went here not long ago for the first time. They have tours year round and have restored everything to look as it did when the film was made. After the tour, Ian Petrella (who played Randy) was there to sign autographs. He does this every summer.

-A Christmas Story (used as the Parker's family house)

I'm pretty sure that is all of them! I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's!
Old 09-11-2011
Super Moderator

Use to live not far from Alnwick Castle in the North East of England, they shot some exterior scenes for the first two Harry Potter films here. Broomsticks lesson is a standout scene they shot. Not sure if any of the other films in the series did, don't believe they did. Went to this castle/Alnwick a lot.

Also been on set when they were filming scenes around the lake/forest of Virginia Water(Surrey), for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. That was fun. Goblet of Fire, and Order of the Phoenix also had some scenes shot around Virginia Water.

Been to various places where they have filmed for most of the Harry Potter films.
Old 09-12-2011
Gort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelicula View Post

Use to live not far from Alnwick Castle in the North East of England, they shot some exterior scenes for the first two Harry Potter films here. Broomsticks lesson is a standout scene they shot. Not sure if any of the other films in the series did, don't believe they did. Went to this castle/Alnwick a lot.

Also been on set when they were filming scenes around the lake/forest of Virginia Water(Surrey), for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. That was fun. Goblet of Fire, and Order of the Phoenix also had some scenes shot around Virginia Water.

Been to various places where they have filmed for most of the Harry Potter films.
Always wanted to visit Alnwick. Is that the one with the amazing landscaped gardens?
Old 09-13-2011
Super Moderator

Alnwick does have amazing gardens, the one with the massive treehouse yes?

The Alnwick Garden | Alnwick Garden home page
Old 09-14-2011
Gort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelicula View Post
Alnwick does have amazing gardens, the one with the massive treehouse yes?

The Alnwick Garden | Alnwick Garden home page
Yes it is amazing! Would love to have lunch in that treehouse - how cool is that! I planned to go a few years back but it didn't happen.
Old 09-14-2011
C-List Celebrity

I've been to Wild Adventures, which was where the end on Zombieland was filmed. Also some of the movie Basic was filmed at a small air field called Cecil Field that's only a few miles away from my house. And I've seen a few places in NYC that I recognized from a few different films.
Old 09-17-2011
Actor

Tombstone, Arizona which was the location of many westerns such as Wyatt Earp(1994) to name one. If you are ever in the area, drop by. Boot Hill cemetery must not be missed. I swear I walked every inch of that place and they were either gunned down, hanged or died of small pox.....fun place for the whole family.

Boot Hill
Name:  Tombstone_Boot_Hill,_FSA,_1940.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  120.0 KB

Last edited by zippy; 09-17-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-17-2011
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
Tombstone, Arizona which was the location of many westerns such as Wyatt Earp(1994) to name one. If you are ever in the area, drop by. Boot Hill cemetery must not be missed. I swear I walked every inch of that place and they were either gunned down, hanged or died of small pox.....fun place for the whole family.

Boot Hill
Attachment 1458
Wow zippy, I can't wait to visit this place. It looks soo.. lush.
Old 09-17-2011
Actor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireofthemoon View Post
Wow zippy, I can't wait to visit this place. It looks soo.. lush.
To be fair, it is a B&W picture, color film really enhances the sand, rocks and sage brush.
Old 10-28-2011
Movie Extra

In-&-Around

I was watching "The Food Of The Gods" last night on Youtube and had completely forgotten about the scene segment that concludes the movie, it was shot at Killarney Elementary School located in my home city of Vancouver (British Columbia), the rest of the movie was shot on Vancouver Island.

This got me thinking about all the other movies which were shot in-&-around Vancouver, I was suprised at how long the list is.

"The A-Team" the movie was partially shot in Vancouver and North Vancouver (The North Shore). "The X-Men 2 & 3" were shot on location throughout Greater Vancouver and Stanley Park as well as director Ronny Yu's "Freddy Vs. Jason." "Fantastic Four 2: Rise Of The Silver Surfer" was partially shot in Downtown Vancouver. Jet Li's "Romeo Must Die" and "Cradle2 The Grave" were mostly shot in Gastown and East Vancouver. Peter Medak's "The Changling" with George C. Scott was also located in Gastown and North Vancouver. One of the "Resident Evil" sequels was also shot in Downtown Vancouver. John Woo's "Pay Cheque" with Ben Affleck and "Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed" were also mostly shot on location throughout The Lower Mainland. All the "Final Destination" movies were also based here. Many more, many many more.

Some television episodics that were/are based in Vancouver: "Supernatural, The X-Files, The Outer Limits, Men In Trees, Beachcombers, Once A Thief, DaVinci's Inquest" and Steven Spielberg produced "Taken."

Yourselves? Know of any movies or television series that were/are shot in or nearby your area (city, town, etc.)?

Last edited by WatchDog; 10-28-2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Included a few more titles to the list.