Go Back   Movie Vault Forums > Movie Discussion > General Movie Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009
C-List Celebrity

Saw an episode of Stone Cold (Chief Jesse Stone it's called I think). Quite nice and I have always liked Tom Selleck, he changed his mustache into a little beard now though

/dev/null
Old 09-26-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_Null View Post
Dead Again or Dead Alive? Shit, are you messing with my brain now?

If you search IMDB on Dead Alive you will see this:

Braindead (1992)
aka "Dead-Alive" - USA (DVD box title)
aka "Dead Alive" - USA

Someone mentioned Dead Alive here once and then I noticed Braindead was released under another name.
lol no it was unintentional. I promise.
But yeah, if the US has it as Dead Alive then we would too. I've never seen the film personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyhiboy! View Post
And i have noticed that as well as calling 'Observe And Report' , 'Observe And Protect' you called 'Sorority Row' , 'Sorority Girls'. I thought you got names mixed up.
Yeah I know. I do that alot. I still say Sorority Girls even now in my head when I think of the movie lol. I hate my brain sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyhiboy! View Post
Escape, i have got very close to purchasing Lake Placid and Dead Snow. They both look great. I remember seeing a part of Lake Placid when i was on holidays. I must have been about 10 or 11. So much thanks for reminding me. All I've heard about Dead Snow is that it's supposed to be great fun so hopefully when i get round to DS it will be great.
Dead snow is out in a couple of selected theatres here at the moment. I'll get the DVD when it arrives in the stores. You guys have the DVD already over there?
That 'Lake Placid' DVD is always cheap. I see it in the $5 bin all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellarDoor View Post
The Time Traveller's Wife... 7/10... I read the book first so I knew i was going to be disappointed. Sucked less than I thought it would, tho
I heard it was just plain confusing with alot of holes in the basic time travelling laws.

Quote:
Saw an episode of Stone Cold (Chief Jesse Stone it's called I think). Quite nice and I have always liked Tom Selleck, he changed his moustache into a little beard now though
Did the ending make sense or did it leave it up to the viewer's discretion? I see that in the video stores from time to time for cheap so I may pick it up. I see his ' Jesse Stone - Night Passage' DVD around as well. Never seen that one either. I've only seen maybe two of his films of which I both loved. 'Mr. Baseball' and 'An Innocent Man'.

Last movie I have seen was 'Taken' for the 3rd time.
Old 09-26-2009
C-List Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape View Post
lol no it was unintentional. I promise.
But yeah, if the US has it as Dead Alive then we would too. I've never seen the film personally.
Oh, you are missing a very cool flick here. This is really over the top slasher stuff. Check this 'pudding scene' and that is only the beginning

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.
Quote:
Did the ending make sense or did it leave it up to the viewer's discretion? I see that in the video stores from time to time for cheap so I may pick it up. I see his ' Jesse Stone - Night Passage' DVD around as well.
Night Passage made sense to me, it is really a nice movie IMO. Don't expect too much, but enjoyable and Tom Selleck really plays good and nice cast. Nice quotes as well in this flick. If it's cheap, I would pick it up.

/dev/null
Old 09-27-2009
Investor

Quote:
Yeah I know. I do that alot. I still say Sorority Girls even now in my head when I think of the movie lol. I hate my brain sometimes.

Dead snow is out in a couple of selected theatres here at the moment. I'll get the DVD when it arrives in the stores. You guys have the DVD already over there?
That 'Lake Placid' DVD is always cheap. I see it in the $5 bin all the time.

Last movie I have seen was 'Taken' for the 3rd time.
Taken is awesome. I've seen it about 5 times. And TTW was really confusing, but at the same time i loved it. Half of me wanted to try and figure out what the hell was going on cause it was so difficult to understand and the other half of me wanted to switch my brain off as it was so hard figuring out all the shit that was happening. Seriously weird movie. I'd definetly recommend if your into the whole time travel thing. I'd already seen Ugly Truth and GI Joe so it was either that or The Proposal that were showing at the same time. Otherwise it's not really a movie i would recommend or warn you off it. I'm still thinking whether i should go and see District 9 or not as there isn't much on and i haven't been in over two weeks.

Dead Snow was definetly out on 31st August and direct-to-dvd i think. Cause it's not listed on the release dates on IMDB. It also has a good rating. And half the time movies of it's kind get low ratings so it must be good fun. I'm really looking forward to seeing Trick R Treat and Drag Me To Hell, both out on October 26th. Sorority Row you should definetly see, better than i expected and actually pretty funny in some scenes too and it made me jump in one or two scenes. Lake Placid is around 4/$6 so i'll definetly consider. I also noticed you guys are getting Chuck Season 2 released in February next year and it's coming out here next week. Release dates are getting better now and closer to US ones. Sorority Row was released two days before US and Transformers i think was a week ahead. All The Boys Love Mandy Lane was out in film festivals in 2006 and to cinemas and dvd here in 2008 and it hasn't yet been out in cinemas in the US.
Old 09-27-2009
Investor

Last movie i watched was Tormented for a second time after seeing it in the cinemas in May. I loved it. Surprisingly very good for a low budget mvoie. Amazon UK delivers pre order DVD's on a Saturday two days before it's actual release and for much cheaper than the shops. Only thing you have to do to get the pre order dvd before it's release date is to make sure you order the dvd at least three weeks in advance only on a saturday. This is why i got Tormented delivered yesterday when it's only due to be released on Monday.

Escape if i do end up buying get Lake Placid i'll get it as a double feature along with Club Dread. It's only 2.49/less than $5 for both of them and thats cheaper than just Lake Placid by itself.
Old 09-27-2009
Actor by Day, Waiter by Night

Merlin's Apprentice 7/10

They had a Stephen King Marathon on all day yesterday so I watched that. They showed: Carrie, Firestarter (always my favorite), Misery, The Shawshank Redemption, The Running Man, Children of the Corn, The Dark Half, and Needful Things.

Hush little baby, don't say a word, never mind that noise you heard. It's just the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head.
Old 09-27-2009
Investor

I plan on watching Crank 2 again today.
Old 09-27-2009
Seasonal Actor

TMNT

This movie was fun! I never saw any of the previous three live-action films but I was a big fan of the turtles growing up. I thought the animation was great and the storyline was kinda too intricate but whatever, I enjoyed this movie. It brought back my love for the Turtles!!
Old 09-27-2009
Investor

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak View Post
TMNT

This movie was fun! I never saw any of the previous three live-action films but I was a big fan of the turtles growing up. I thought the animation was great and the storyline was kinda too intricate but whatever, I enjoyed this movie. It brought back my love for the Turtles!!
I thought i was mad when i went to see this in the cinemas, but it turned out pretty good.
Old 09-27-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Nice scene