Go Back   Movie Vault Forums > Movie Discussion > General Movie Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009
C-List Celebrity

^ This is a slasher classic Completely over the top.

Watched another movie of the Jesse Stone collection. Nice copy of Callahan

/dev/null
Old 09-27-2009
Movie-Vault Newbie

Surrogates, it is rather poor its just a half assed action flick
Old 09-27-2009
Actor

Dismal (2009)
i will start with the plot : Dana is failing Biology. To pass she must attend an extra credit assignment with several classmates that will lead them into a remote region of the Great Dismal Swamp, a place teeming with life... and death. While the group keeps one eye out for hungry bear, deadly snakes and lurking gators, they are unaware of the real danger. For the top of the food chain lives in a dingy cabin not too far from their campsite, and he has an appetite for human flesh.
The movie start of with two men on a boat in a swamp waiting to kill a Gator (Dose this sound like other movie? Hatchet anyone,) then one them goes into the water after thinking he killed a Gator and gator gone and he get pulled under the water, while the guy on the boat get pulled from be hide off the boat into the swamp just like Friday 13th .

Then the movie moves to a Girl in Class talking to the teacher, she worried that she not going pass the class, so teacher tells her to go on trip to the swap the next day, As she dose, while her boyfriend told her not too but she still goes anyway.

Then a lot boring build to them it about the 30 minutes long and it's really boring, then after that, the killing start again, You can't see much in the first kill as it really dark, I could just about make it out, but the kills later on are more see able.

Then we find out that guy who is killing them is friends with the Sheriff (There bit The Teaxs chainsaw Massacre there).

There is one good death (The only worth watching scene in the whole movie)scene in this movie, a guy being held hostage alive on table getting chopped up but after that the death are a joke which will make you laugh because it so badly done, the ending is so over the top and acting was really bad too.

With all the stuff they got from the old movies. it still ended up being s really bad movie 2/10

The Hills Run Red (2009)
the opening of this movie really awesome as some might find it nasty , loved it from there it had me,
There was some nuidty in here, (Less then hostel) but bloody deaths were good as well as funny humor just like Scream as they are talking about other horror movies.
Story was great, the acting Great and twists were good two.
Hope we not seem the last of baby face.
7/10 really good slasher movie,
Old 09-27-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyhiboy! View Post
Escape if i do end up buying get Lake Placid I'll get it as a double feature along with Club Dread. It's only 2.49/less than $5 for both of them and thats cheaper than just Lake Placid by itself.
I've never seen Club Dread but that's obviously a good deal even if just for the Lake Placid movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak View Post
TMNT

This movie was fun! I never saw any of the previous three live-action films but I was a big fan of the turtles growing up. I thought the animation was great and the storyline was kinda too intricate but whatever, I enjoyed this movie. It brought back my love for the Turtles!!
I almost got this at Wal-Mart for 8 bucks on blu-ray. Some anniversary special they had. Now I regret doing it. Today was the last day of the sale I believe. I'll check tomorrow in case though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malky View Post
Surrogates, it is rather poor its just a half assed action flick
I saw this today. I actually enjoyed it even if the overall reasons for the killings where mediocre. I'd rate it about a 7/10 at least though I usually love sci fi anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_Null View Post
Oh, you are missing a very cool flick here. This is really over the top slasher stuff. Check this 'pudding scene' and that is only the beginning

YouTube - Braindead cream scene
lol that wasn't bad. Reading the youtube though they said that's the funniest or best part. Do you concur with this sir?

Quote:
Night Passage made sense to me, it is really a nice movie IMO. Don't expect too much, but enjoyable and Tom Selleck really plays good and nice cast. Nice quotes as well in this flick. If it's cheap, I would pick it up.
I'll keep it open for a possible purchase in the future regardless I suppose.
Old 09-27-2009
C-List Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape View Post
lol that wasn't bad. Reading the youtube though they said that's the funniest or best part. Do you concur with this sir?
LOL! @ sir. Negative Do not want to sound like a know-it-all though. But that is just a load of crap what they posted on Youtube IMO. I just read that the movie was banned in Germany cause it is quite gore. Guess I need to rephrase it then, I mixed up slasher and gore genre. This flick is extremely funny, gore, zombie and even romantic I am sure you would love it.

Quote:
I'll keep it open for a possible purchase in the future regardless I suppose.

Saw another movie from Jesse Stone and they made a nice reference to Unforgiven If you into crime/cop/Dirty Harry stuff, you will like this. Ripped off from all kinds of movies, but I think Selleck plays a very cool character.

/dev/null
Old 09-28-2009
Studio Coffee Runner

Watched Fast and Furious last night and surprisingly quite enjoyed it.Good action,tolerable acting and far superior to the previous installment.6/10 for a straight up action movie isn't so bad huh?
Old 09-28-2009
C-List Celebrity

Saw this movie called Sunburn on MGM, was suprised by it's lousy rating, it was quite enjoyable and funny IMO. And damn, that Fawcett looked hot again , a waste that she passed away so young Very good actress.

/dev/null
Old 09-28-2009
Studio Coffee Runner

Just finished rewatching The Driver (1978).I had forgotten what a cool slice of noir it is,Ryan O'Neal is excellent and the car park 'audition' scene is still very exciting.I seem to have a bit of a car chase thing going on at the moment,I can see Ronin being in the DVD player again soon....
Old 09-28-2009
Actor by Day, Waiter by Night

The Wizard of Oz 9/10 I've always loved this movie.

Hush little baby, don't say a word, never mind that noise you heard. It's just the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head.
Old 09-28-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSI View Post
The Hills Run Red (2009)
the opening of this movie really awesome as some might find it nasty , loved it from there it had me,
There was some nuidty in here, (Less then hostel) but bloody deaths were good as well as funny humor just like Scream as they are talking about other horror movies.
Story was great, the acting Great and twists were good two.
Hope we not seem the last of baby face.
7/10 really good slasher movie,
Sweet. I hope to watch this soon actually. I skimmed throug an indepth review about it here just last night actually. That site may have spoilers in it so is why I only skimmed it. It looked possibly entertaining for a horror flick though.

Quote:
I just read that the movie was banned in Germany cause it is quite gore. Guess I need to rephrase it then, I mixed up slasher and gore genre. This flick is extremely funny, gore, zombie and even romantic I am sure you would love it.
Is Germany always that harsh when it comes to horror flicks with alot of Gore in it. Sounds a bit over the top gory in a funny way like what 'Drag Me To Hell' ended up being in certain scenes.

Quote:
Saw another movie from Jesse Stone and they made a nice reference to Unforgiven If you into crime/cop/Dirty Harry stuff, you will like this. Ripped off from all kinds of movies, but I think Selleck plays a very cool character.
What was the name of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Campbell View Post
Watched Fast and Furious last night and surprisingly quite enjoyed it.Good action,tolerable acting and far superior to the previous installment.6/10 for a straight up action movie isn't so bad huh?
I still have the blu-ray sitter there on my computer tower waiting to be watched. So far I've pretty much enjoyed this series so I bet with the two original characters in it, this won't disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Campbell View Post
I can see Ronin being in the DVD player again soon....
lol, you should maybe throw the first couple of Bourne films in after that as well. A couple of great car chases in those.