Go Back   Movie Vault Forums > Movie Discussion > General Movie Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009
Super Moderator

Mister Frost (1990) had heard about this awhile back but it hadn't been released on dvd. Netflix had it as a watch instantly feautre and it was pretty good. Jeff Goldblum made a pretty good satan.
Old 09-29-2009
C-List Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape View Post
Sweet. I hope to watch this soon actually. I skimmed throug an indepth review about it here just last night actually. That site may have spoilers in it so is why I only skimmed it. It looked possibly entertaining for a horror flick though.
Looks 'nice'

Quote:
Is Germany always that harsh when it comes to horror flicks with alot of Gore in it. Sounds a bit over the top gory in a funny way like what 'Drag Me To Hell' ended up being in certain scenes.
Well, Germany is very different to The Netherlands when it comes to movies and TV. Germany banns quite easily. They air here stuff (even for children TV back in the 80ies) that would be 100% banned in Germany. Also on DVD and Cinema stuff. The Netherlands more or less allows everything on TV, hard to explain really. They air pr0n here (occasionally) and all kinds of stuff. I used to have a German girlfriend and she saw what they aired here for kids and her reaction was "WTF?!!" I could not even rent movies in Germany, they had special sections for ages when I was younger. So all the hardcore pron would be stashed with the 18 rated action movies and shit, pissed me off cause I wanted to see some horror flicks. Dunno how it is now but they are quite strict.

Drag me to Hell vs. Braindead, it would make DMTH look like a pussy on to the gory stuff

Quote:
What was the name of it?
It was Thin Ice I think, I watched all 5 in a row And I have to admit they are really good. Have to see what else was released. I am quite impressed by this stuff. Nice quote after quote and you will like this I think

Last thing I saw was the last episode of Family Guy, nice joke they pulled on Disney

/dev/null
Old 09-29-2009
A-List Celebrity

Dark Star (1974) - Looks so much like a student film (which it basically was) in it's cheapness and the long periods of silence. But it was quite enjoyable none the less.

Oh and the giant inflatable beach ball alien is hilarious.
Old 09-29-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_Null View Post

Last thing I saw was the last episode of Family Guy, nice joke they pulled on Disney
I just watched that last night. I liked the reality where dogs were in charge of humans.
Old 09-29-2009
Super Moderator

Lymelife (2008) I don't know how this movie got classified as a comedy. Pretty sad, but good film.
Old 09-29-2009
Seasonal Actor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf_Null View Post
That was an awesome and hilarious episode! The Disney part was the best!!
Old 09-29-2009
C-List Celebrity

Robocop 8 1/2 /10

Awesome. Always loved it.

Robocop 3 2/10

waste of tim, money and effort. Pretty embarassing really. No wonder peter weller didnt do this.

Jack nicholson A FEW GOOD MEN.
Old 09-29-2009
Super Moderator

I tried watching Duplicity for the 4th time in the past week or so after got a loan of it from someone. But damn, this piece of crap is just soooo boring and confusing with the absolutely zero chemistry between Roberts and Owen. I also can't stand Julia Roberts anyway so that doesn't help my concentration either. One guy from imdb even wondered if they just wheeled her in for her scenes and puppeteered her lines for her lol. And he's right. She is just so stiff with hardly any emotion in this film. Blah. I doubt I ever finish this.
Old 09-29-2009
C-List Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPepper21 View Post
Dark Star (1974) - Looks so much like a student film (which it basically was) in it's cheapness and the long periods of silence. But it was quite enjoyable none the less.

Oh and the giant inflatable beach ball alien is hilarious.
LOL! I love this movie, still have it here on VHS somewhere. Very underrated IMO.

I rewatched Rashomon.

/dev/null
Old 09-30-2009
C-List Celebrity

Red Brian cox 6 1/2/ 10

Not a bad film. Bit underwhelming but overall, worth seeing. Dont expect anything special though. Just a decent movie for a night in. And that brian cox is a wonderful actor and i always liked him since i saw him as king agammenon in troy

Jack nicholson A FEW GOOD MEN.