Go Back   Movie Vault Forums > Movie Discussion > Upcoming Movies

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009
C-List Celebrity

The robocop remake is in talk. I love the original so not sure how this will turn out. Bet it will stink though.

Jack nicholson A FEW GOOD MEN.
Old 08-02-2009
Movie-Vault Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape View Post
How did you manage to get a job like that? What sort of schooling did you go through?
Is Clash of The Titans going to try and stay as true as possible to the original?
I studied visual effects at the academy of art university in san francisco. About clash we haven't started yet, I have only seen some animatic (rough preproduction animations) and it looks like a lot of vfx! I don't know about the story so far, but I hope it won't ruin the original
Old 08-02-2009
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio View Post
I studied visual effects at the academy of art university in san francisco.
I was actually checking out your site. That's interesting stuff. What type of program are you using to make these CGI backgrounds like when that green screen is being used? Are these available for the everyday average computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio View Post
About clash we haven't started yet,
Do you mean the area of the film that you're involved with hasn't started yet or there has been zero shooting as of today?
Old 08-03-2009
Investor

Has no one heard they are still thinking of doing sequels to Taxi Driver and Raging Bull? Though they have been talked about since 2006 so it's somewhat unlikey that it will ever happen. But you never know how desperate hollywood are these days.
Old 08-03-2009
D-List Celebrity

^ Really? I hadn't heard of anything like that. Of course I wouldn't want a sequel, but I could really see Paddy Considine playing Travis Bickle. He's the only actor around now that's anywhere near De Niro was back then. I can't see Raging Bull 2 being done at all, biopics don't usually have sequels.

Also, that Alien remake/prequel has been confirmed to be a prequel, BUT Ridley Scott (the original director) is now directing.

It might turn out alright then, but I don't seen the point.
Old 08-03-2009
Investor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart View Post
^ Really? I hadn't heard of anything like that. Of course I wouldn't want a sequel, but I could really see Paddy Considine playing Travis Bickle. He's the only actor around now that's anywhere near De Niro was back then. I can't see Raging Bull 2 being done at all, biopics don't usually have sequels.

Also, that Alien remake/prequel has been confirmed to be a prequel, BUT Ridley Scott (the original director) is now directing.

Paddy Considine isn't he the fantastic actor who portrayed the man looking for revenge in Dead Mans Shoes? If it is i could see him being great as Travis Bickle. But i wouldnt want a sequel either.
Old 08-03-2009
A-List Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyhiboy! View Post
Has no one heard they are still thinking of doing sequels to Taxi Driver and Raging Bull? Though they have been talked about since 2006 so it's somewhat unlikey that it will ever happen. But you never know how desperate hollywood are these days.
I lost all faith in Hollywood a while ago. But this just reinforces it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: After some internet snooping I found this:

Quote:
TAXI DRIVER screenwriter PAUL SCHRADER has dismissed comments made by ROBERT DE NIRO that a sequel to the 1976 vigilante classic is being worked on.
Schrader, who is also a film-maker in his own right and has made movies including BLUE COLLAR, AMERICAN GIGOLO and AFFLICTION, admits he met up to discuss the idea of a follow-up with De Niro and director MARTIN SCORSESE, but that they soon threw the idea out.
Story.

*Phew!*

The Raging Bull sequel or prequel on it's IMDB page looks like a crappy straight to DVD movie. So I'm not that worried about it because I'll never see it.

Raging Bull II (2010)
Old 08-03-2009
C-List Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart View Post

Some movies are just finished I think and Raging Bull should never be never touched. And the person who tries should get his face kicked in by LaMotta personally and I would be happy to fill in the gaps

Like you said, a good biopic can hardly have a sequel, or prequel. Maybe some 'making of' like Heart of Darkness or so would be nice.

Would be impossible almost to overtrump (is this the right word?) some classic masterpieces and would put the original probably down with it.

/dev/null
Old 08-14-2009
Movie Extra

Send a message via MSN to FanLove4Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPepper21 View Post
So, we're getting sequels to pretty crappy movies, all of which I wouldnt be surprised go stright to DVD and a list of remakes that just makes you want to cry!!!

Can anyone give me a valid reason why any of the movies I have listed above need to be remade? And I dont want to hear "to bring the originals to a new generation" as most of the directors and stars of remakes today like to spout. Thats bullshit, all this is, is a money making excercise. And going by the recent remake output by Hollywood, 30 + bad movies are on there way all with large budgets and starry casts. Which can only take away some of the credibility the originals had. Even the bad ones.

Not all of the films listed above were masterpieces, but I feel they all have a charm that is worth saving in their original format and I know Hollywood has always remade their own movies, I've heard that excuse before, but has it really gone about it in such a way like it has done in the past 5 or 6 years? No, not at all. Directors, writers and producers need to start coming up with original ideas again. That list and the current crop of remakes just says to me that most people in Hollywood are incredably lazy when it comes to creating new movies.

I'm probably way off on that statement, but I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this way, just look at most other film based forums. Look at their threads on remakes, you'll get similar replies to what I have just given here.

But who knows, 1 or 2 out of that list might actually be good. I could be wrong but thats not the point.
I agree with you. Originals are classics. for the most part when you make sequels or remake them, you butcher the original story.

Take walt disney for example. He said he didnt believe in sequels. and why should he? His originals are classics. The descendants of disney working there now have made the poor guy turn over in his grave the past couple of decades.

now some remakes are pretty good, and some sequels are pretty good. But for the most part.....meh.

Most of you probably know more than I do when it comes to movies. I have nothing to prove to you. But I'd just like to add......can you imagine anyone trying to remake, or make a sequel to Its A Wonderful Life, or Gone With the Wind, or The GodFather? LOL! There is no way in hell they would be able to capture the magic and the spirit of the originals. I think hell would freeze before that could happen.

Originals are classic creative works of geniuses! Most of the time people never should F with them!

(btw i know godfather has sequels, but i meant if they tried to make like maybe a 2015 remake or sequel to it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claire
I hate to think how they will be ruined by an industry that is more concerned with the dollar sign than they are with making quality films.
dear god save us from these capitalistic vampires that just wanna suck people of their money while not giving people what they want.

I hope they do make a 4th Blade. Cause we need a RL one for these Vampires.

Honestly some of these people working in the film industry now - I agree with DrPepper....should go play in traffic during rush hour.

- Blade, aka the Daywalker
Old 08-18-2009
Movie-Vault Newbie

Bring it on 5: Fight to the finish

out sept 1st!

absolutely golden high school camp

Cannot wait