Go Back   Movie Vault Forums > Movie Discussion > Upcoming Movies

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010
Super Moderator

Green Lantern (2011)

'Enteraintment Tonight' will be showing a preview of this tomorrow and from what it shows here, I'm already pretty excited. I think that green glow is making the CGI appear a bit fake but I need to get a better look at it than these quick glimpses.

Old 11-16-2010
Super Moderator

Is the Green Lantern originally comedic or a serious superhero, and the film has made it comedic?
Old 11-16-2010
Actor by Day, Waiter by Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelicula View Post
Is the Green Lantern originally comedic or a serious superhero, and the film has made it comedic?
Green Lantern (it's only Green lantern BTW not THE Green Lantern.) is a serious superhero, however I think the trailer has decided to emphasize the fact that Hal Jordan is cocky, a ladies man, and is a natural thrill seeker. Not so much comedic as trying to be like Iron Man.
Old 11-16-2010
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
Not so much comedic as trying to be like Iron Man.
Personally, I actually thought it resembled the Iron Man films in the comedic department from that short glimpse. Or similar to how Spider-Man clowns around in the comics.
Old 11-17-2010
Super Moderator

Here is the trailer, some of the effects look a bit dodgy:

Last edited by Pelicula; 11-17-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2010
Director

Just hoping that they don't decide to make it into a sequel. Never got into The Spider Man or The Hulk Sequels. Those didn't turn out so well. I think "Green Lantern" wouldn't be that bad, I could see Ryan Reynolds play as a superhero.
Old 11-17-2010
C-List Celebrity

I'm mixed about this movie. I want to like it but for some reason I'm just put off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeThatMovie9 View Post
Just hoping that they don't decide to make it into a sequel. Never got into The Spider Man or The Hulk Sequels.
Spider-Man 2 was pretty good though. As for the Hulk, which sequels? Unless you're talking about The Trial of the Incredible Hulk or The Death of the Incredible Hulk. In that case, I'll be honest, it's been way too damn long since I've seen them to judge their quality. Though I did know that Bill Bixby was the greatest Banner ever, and I will fight you all to the grave over that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeThatMovie9 View Post
Those didn't turn out so well. I think "Green Lantern" wouldn't be that bad, I could see Ryan Reynolds play as a superhero.
He already has. I mean he's played Deadpool in X-Men Origins Wolverine and Hannibal King in Blade 3.
Old 11-17-2010
Director

Ryan Reynolds played the superhero with the red costume and carries 2 handguns? Yeah I know who deadpool is. And of course Blade, one of the only superhero movies I watched before Batman came along.
Old 11-19-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape View Post
'Enteraintment Tonight' will be showing a preview of this tomorrow and from what it shows here, I'm already pretty excited. I think that green glow is making the CGI appear a bit fake but I need to get a better look at it than these quick glimpses.

YouTube - ET - Green Lantern Pre-Preview
I will definitely watch Green lantern preview as i have heard that this movie is too wonderful.
Old 11-21-2010
Movie-Vault Newbie

I have a bad feeling about this - it'll be the flavor of the month. There's no epic feeling to it say for example, Superman: the Movie.